The Region of Southern Denmark is the driving force behind the regional development that establishes a solid framework for making Southern Denmark an active and dynamic area. This demands close interaction with local authorities, various labour market parties, and education and knowledge institutions.
The Region is responsible for
- The Regional Development Strategy
- Culture and education (coordination of upper secondary school courses and adult education centres (VUC)).
- The strategy for sustainable development.
- Handling risks from soil pollution (mapping, investigation and sanitation).
- Raw material mapping and, from summer 2014, raw material extraction permits.
- The strategic basis, commissioning and payment of regional bus operation.
- Cross-border and international collaboration.